Dr. Araceli Venegas-Gomez on Qureca, Quantum, and the Future of Industry

This week I had the pleasure of speaking with Dr. Araceli Venegas-Gomez. Araceli received her doctorate in Quantum Optics from the University of Strathclyde, and is the founder and CEO of Qureca, a company leading the way on creating and strengthening bridges between companies and the workforce in Quantum. We spoke in depth about how Araceli entered into quantum optics from being an aerospace engineer, why she created a quantum company, and what she views as the future of quantum industry and key skills needed by companies now. This was a very enjoyable conversation for me, and I learned quite a bit about an and field of quantum, which was previously very opaque and confusing. Dr. Venegas-Gomez’s insight on the diversity of workforce needed for quantum, and the various avenues to enter the field were refreshing and eye opening to me for a field traditionally considered extremely esoteric and confined to the highest reaches of academia. Highly recommended.

Related Reading and Links:

1. Qureca

2. Building The Quantum Workforce Of The Future

3. Quantum Optics and Quantum Many-body Systems- Andrew Daley’s Research group at the University of Strathclyde

4. The U.S. National Quantum Initiative: From Act to action

5. A list of courses offered by Qureca in the fall, for anyone interested I strongly recommend reaching out (I for one may be looking into Quantum for everyone!):

• Quantum for everyone (introductory course and quantum technologies overview).

• Quantum Computing algorithms for Finance

• Finance introduction for quantum algorithms

• Applications in Quantum Chemistry

• Quantum and AI

• QKD technology

• Quantum computing hardware